lunes, 9 de abril de 2007

Corazón salvaje


Hmmm, where to begin? This soap opera reminded me why I don't watch soap operas. I really think that it wouldn't have been nearly as terrible in its original version, but the condensed version was super intense. So many edge-of-your-seat moments in a row didn't even leave me time to sigh! I was falling asleep in the middle, which seems odd to me since there was SO much happening, but it reminds me of a mix CD I made called Gillian's Happy CD (I know) and it had all the songs that make me really happy on it, except that I find when I listen to it, because I love them all, there's no exciting moment where I'm like I LOVE this song! It's like you need some downtime to appreciate the climactic moments in Corazón salvaje, and the condensed version loses the anticipation factor. I think that part of what was lacking in this telenovela was a sense of style...the cinematography was very straight-forward and the plot was all over the place (again, issue of the condensed version I'd say). Our favourite word comes back into play when looking at the acting: SO CHEESY!!!!!!!!!! Who can even handle it? Not I. I think Aimée may have been the worst, but I think I think that becuase her acting reminded me of when I used to be a TA for a grade 10 drama class...the funniest was when Aimée and Mónica were getting ready for bed and Aimée's straps to her nightgown or whatever the things was that she was wearing kept falling down, right after she lost her virginity to Juan del Diablo. Awesome name haha. Actually I thought he was kind of cool, the badass dude always gets to be cooler than the straight and narrow characters. When we were reading Coehlo, I remember one of the largest criticisms was the repetition...I'm reminded of that when thinking about Corazón salvaje, because I think that the musical cadence Da duh da! will be with me forever. Lastly I want to add that something I totally LOVED about the telenovela and I was talking to Ana about the other day were the settings (all those old school Mexican upper-class homes were neat to see) and the costumes (for the same reason, period is just cool because it's diff than what we wear today). Anyway, voilà my take on the every-so-wonderful telenovela...CORAZÓN SALVAJE! (da duh da!)
PS. Thanks again for having us over JBM!

1 comentario:

letty dijo...

HOla Gillian!
bueno pues parece que si tenemos mucho en comun en cuanto a esta telenovela...y pues tienes razon cuando me contestaste sobre las acutaciond e los personajes que hable en mi blog. Pues no es como que les estamos dando tremendos oscares pero si debe de ser mas la direccion que la actuacion en si. El hecho de que vimos la version condesada tiene mucho efecto en cuanto a lo que percevimos de la novela pues es que hay tanto que esta sucediendo como dices y no nos deja apreciar y tener ese ultimo suspenso que uno normalmente experienciaria si estuviera viendola en la tele todos los dias. Pero bueno en fin tambien me gusto eso que you point out about las casas y los costumes todos son bonitos y agradables de ver :D